Nokia 6300, Nokia 8000 Key Specifications Leaked, Tipped to Run on KaiOS

first_img– Advertisement – – Advertisement – As of now, Nokia or brand licensee HMD Global has not shared any news on the Nokia 6300 or the Nokia 8000 and it is unclear when they will be released. However, they were recently spotted on a Swedish telecom operator’s website, suggesting that they might be launched soon.Is Android One holding back Nokia smartphones in India? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below. The phone is expected to come in Charcoal, Cyan, and White colour options.Nokia 8000 4G specifications (expected)The Nokia 8000 4G is said to come with model number TA-1303 for the dual-SIM variant. It will also run KaiOS and feature a 2.8-inch display. This feature phone will also be powered by a single-core processor, have 4MB RAM and 512MB storage that is expandable via microSD card (up to 32GB). Connectivity options are said to be the same as the Nokia 6300 4G. In terms of battery, the Nokia 8000 4G may come with 1,500mAh and measure 132.2×56.5×12.3mm. The phone is said to weigh 110 grams.The phone is said to come in Black, Blue, Gold, and White colour options.- Advertisement – Nokia 6300 and Nokia 8000 feature phones were recently spotted on a Swedish telecom operator’s website and now key specifications and colour options have been leaked according to a report. The leak also states that the two 4G phones will run KaiOS. The Nokia 6300 4G is expected to come in three colour options while the Nokia 8000 4G is said to be offered in four colours. The Nokia 6300 4G is reportedly based on the classic Nokia 6300 while the Nokia 8000 4G is said to be based on the Nokia 8800.Nokia 6300 4G specifications (expected)As per the report by Nokia Power User, the Nokia 6300 4G come with model number TA-1294 which is a dual-SIM variant of the phone. It runs KaiOS and features a 2.4-inch display. Under the hood, the phone is powered by a single-core processor and is said to come with 4MB RAM and 512MB storage, with support for expansion via microSD card (up to 32GB). The Nokia 6300 4G is expected to be backed by a 1,500mAh battery and come with LTE support, GSM/ WCDMA, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, GLONASS, and a Micro-USB port for charging. In terms of dimensions, the Nokia 6300 4G is said to measure 131.4x53x13.7mm and weighs 104.7 grams.- Advertisement –last_img read more

News: Radisson Blu Resort & Residence Punta Cana opens in Caribbean

first_imgRadisson Blu Resort & Residence Punta Cana, a short 15-minute drive from Punta Cana International Airport, features 164 suites along 12 buildings on the shores of Cabeza de Toro beach. – Advertisement –last_img

Friday people roundup

first_imgAberdeen Asset Management – John Dickie has been promoted to co-head of US private equity alongside Scott Reed, while Whit Matthews joins the same team as senior investment manager. Dickie joined Aberdeen in 2015 as a senior investment manager. Whit joins from SL Capital Partners, where he served as a North America-based investment director.Kames Capital – Jack Holmes has been appointed as an investment manager, joining from Standard Life Investments, where he was an analyst on the European high-yield team. His appointment follows that of David Ennett, who recently joined Kames as head of high yield, and the return of Phil Milburn to the business.Amundi – Pierre Schereck has been appointed head of relations with Social Security Bodies, a new role within Amundi’s Institutional Clients division. Schereck, who had been head of Employee Savings and Retirement Schemes at Amundi, was succeeded by Xavier Collot. Morningstar, European Parliament, London Stock Exchange Group, Aberdeen Asset Management, SL Capital Partners, Kames Capital, Standard Life Investments, AmundiMorningstar – Kunal Kapoor has been promoted to chief executive, succeeding founder Joe Mansueto, who will now become executive chairman. Kapoor, who will start in his new role on 1 January 2017, has served as Morningstar’s president. Kapoor originally joined Morningstar as a data analyst in 1997 and has been president of the company since October 2015. To limit the number of inside directors, Don Phillips has voluntarily opted to step down from the board.European Parliament – The Conference of Presidents has appointed Guy Verhofstadt as Parliament’s point man for Brexit negotiations. As counterpart of Michel Barnier, negotiator for the European Commission, Verhofstadt will “keep the Conference of Presidents fully informed of developments and help prepare the European Parliament position in the negotiations”.London Stock Exchange Group – Waqas Samad has been appointed to the newly created role of chief executive of fixed income and multi-asset benchmarks for the Information Services division. He joins from Barclays, where he ran the index and analytics business as chief executive of Barclays Risk Analytics & Index Solutions.last_img read more

Charities publicise RFP for impact-focused ESG mandate

first_imgThree charities have publicised a request for proposals from asset managers to run a £32m (€37m) investment mandate with maximum positive social and environmental impact.In a press release, the charities – Blagrave Trust, Friends Provident Foundation, and Joffe Charitable Trust – said their key instruction to managers was to “’impress us’ on environmental and social impact” and that they would be asking short-listed candidates to present their proposal to an auditorium of mission-led investors. The press release referred to an ‘ESG investing Olympics’.Colin Baines, investment engagement manager at Friends Provident Foundation, said: “We wish to send a market signal that asset owners are demanding higher standards of impact and ESG investment. Asset managers will recognise that the standards expected by mission-led investors like us today often become the market norms of tomorrow.”Growing demand from asset owners to have a purpose beyond financial return with their investments was being reflected in a growth in funds labelled as impact, sustainable, responsible, green or ESG, he added, but “the quality of these funds varies greatly with marketing claims not always aligned with investment practice”. The charities said the request for proposals was being advertised publicly as part of their decision to take a more transparent approach to asset manager selection in a bid to “bring investment management ‘out of the shadows’”.The charities said they planned to feature short-listed managers as best-in-sector in a report to signal to the market what emerging best practice and asset owner expectations look like.They indicated being agnostic as to the asset class, impact theme, and type of manager, with proposals being sought from “boutique impact funds intentionally seeking out start-ups with solutions to large ESG funds moving markets and transnational companies via their stewardship”.Alex Jacobs, director of the Joffe Charitable Trust, said: “We will be looking for intentional social and environmental impact, high standards of ESG integration covering exclusion, engagement and its escalation, voting record, and in-house expertise, plus impact reporting.“We know there will be trade-offs between different approaches, and we look forward to seeing which perform well.”Guiding principles included that the investment strategy be scalable to test the hypothesis that other impact-oriented pools of capital could come on board. Some short-term liquidity would be required, with an option for substantial – specified as more than 50% – liquidity within 12 years.Asset managers have to submit applications by 7 February, which should include an explanation about how important impact or ESG investment is to their business and they hoped to shape the broader investment market.last_img read more

Gold Coast castle fit for a queen finds buyer after years on market

first_imgThis mansion at 1-3 Queen Guineveres Place, Sovereign Islands, has sold.ONE of the most extravagant homes in Queensland has finally sold for just shy of $5 million after more than two years on the market. The Gold Coast’s very own castle at 1-3 Queen Guineveres Place, Sovereign Islands, was last listed with a $5.25 million price tag, after being passed in at auction last August for $4.65 million. There’s plenty of room to park your boat at 1-3 Queen Guineveres Place, Sovereign Islands.The palatial home known as ‘Villa Verona’ had been given an extensive makeover worth millions by owner Scott Widdicombe — the builder behind the Coast’s renowned Utopya mansion.Multiple agents have tried their hand at selling the mega-mansion over the years, but without success. The home comes with a sweeping, curved, marble staircase.Property records show it first hit the market in late 2017 under an expressions of interest campaign before a $7.4 million price tag was attached in April, 2018.On a 1571 sqm waterfront block, the grand residence has five bedrooms, four bathrooms, a tennis court, a Murano glass chandelier, a sweeping marble staircase, a spa, sauna, pontoon and the 24-hour care of the Sovereign Islands security. Check out the view from the entertainment house.Among its other highlights are a pool house with 18m heated pool, an entertainment house with built-in bar and gas firepit, and an imported marble fountain.Selling agent Ivy Wu of Amir Prestige said the property had sold to an interstate couple, who planned to use it as their principal place of residence. There’s even an indoor pool at 1-3 Queen Guineveres Place, Sovereign Islands.Ms Wu would not disclose the sale price, but it is understood to be in the high $4 millions.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus10 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market10 hours agoDespite the sale price being less than the previous listing price, Ms Wu said the vendor, Mr Widdicombe, was happy with the result.She said the buyers loved the style of the home and thought it was “very unique and well built”. This house at 1-3 Queen Guineveres Place, Sovereign Islands, has finally sold.“They appreciated the quality and scale of the property,” Ms Wu said.The sale settles in March.Right in the heart of affluent Paradise Point on the Gold Coast, the Sovereign Islands are home to a collection of luxury homes on deep water mornings.Paradise Point has a median house price of $971,000, according to CoreLogic.last_img read more

Cannabis users encouraged to take a break over lockdown period due to COVID-19 health risks

first_imgNewsHub 31 March 2020Family First Comment: The health risks were already there before the coronavirus! Users are now just more at risk. Time to go DrugFree – for health’s sake.Stoners are being told to ease up on the weed over the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic, with scientists saying the health risks are significant.Dr Marta Rychert, a senior research officer at Massey University’s SHORE and Whariki Research Centre says around five percent of New Zealand’s population uses cannabis as medication.“People who self-medicate with cannabis are the most vulnerable in the terms of COVID-19,” she said in a statement on Tuesday.“They are older than recreational users and often suffer from multiple health problems.”A recent survey by SHORE showed the most popular way to use marijuana was to smoke it.“Smoking presents unique risks in the context of COVID-19 due to the impacts on lung function.”People who self medicate using oils or tinctures will not suffer the same ill effects.READ MORE: https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2020/03/cannabis-users-encouraged-to-take-a-break-over-lockdown-period-due-to-covid-19-health-risks.htmllast_img read more

MMH relaxes visitor restrictions as flu cases decrease

first_imgBatesville, In. — Due to the significant decrease of flu activity within our community, visitor restrictions at Margaret Mary Health will be discontinued as of March 22, 2018. Even though the hospital is returning to standard visitation policies, we do ask all visitors to take precautions to avoid spreading illnesses. Precautions include:No visitation by anyone who is currently ill or has been ill within the last 48 hours with any respiratory symptoms, including but not limited to, cough, fever, muscle aches, runny nose, sore throat, or other viral symptoms such as vomiting and diarrheaRemembering to cover your cough and/or sneeze with a tissue or use your sleeveFrequent handwashing and/or use of an alcohol-based hand-sanitizing rubThe hospital has also made hand sanitizer, tissues, and facemasks available to both patients and visitors at the entrances of all hospital facilities.last_img read more

Charles A. Sidell

first_imgCharles A. Sidell, age 91 of Batesville, died Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at his home. Born July 21, 1928 in Batesville, he is the son of Myrtie (Nee: Martin) and Patsy Sidell. He married Edna Giesting July 17, 1954 at Holy Family Church and she preceded him in death May 24, 2005. Charlie served in the Navy during the Korean War. Following the service, he spent 40 years as a milkman for Wayne Dairy. After retiring from the dairy at 65, he went to work at the Batesville Primary School half days helping with in the kitchen and with janitorial duties for 15 years.Charlie enjoyed the outdoors. He loved to fish and hunt, sit in the yard and watch the birds and squirrels or go for a walk. He dearly loved having his grandchildren around.Charlie is survived by his daughter Peggy Lecher of Batesville; sons Joseph of St. Leon, Indiana, Randy of Oldenburg, Larry of Batesville; sister Joy Youngman of Napoleon; nine grandchildren and six great grandchildren with a seventh on the way. In addition to his wife and parents, he is also preceded in death by his daughter Bonnie Sohngen; sister Viola Schene and brothers Richard, Harry and Melvin.Due to the Governor’s mandate limiting gatherings to 50 people because of the Corona Virus Pandemic, a private visitation and funeral service will be held for the immediate family on Saturday. Burial will be in St. Louis Cemetery. You are encouraged to go to www.weigelfh.com and leave a message for the family on Charlie’s obituary page. The family requests memorials to Margaret Mary Health Foundation Hospice or to the Parkinson’s Foundation.The family is grateful to Barb and Sheri from Margaret Mary Hospice for the exceptional care and comfort they provided Charlie over the last few months.last_img read more

Pardew: We’ve a lot to worry about

first_img Owner Mike Ashley will deliver his verdict when the pair meet at the end of the season for their usual debrief, but Pardew’s critics in the stands are growing in both number and volume, and anything but a victory this weekend would simply add fuel to the fire. The manager admitted: “It’s a massive game for us. “If Cardiff fans think, ‘Newcastle are in the top 10 – what have they got to worry about?’ – well, we have got a lot to worry about after the recent run. “It’s as big a game for us as it is for them.” Pardew has been in charge at St James’ Park since December 2010, fulfilling his initial mission to keep the newly-promoted club in the Premier League following Chris Hughton’s untimely departure and then guiding them to a fifth-placed finish and Europe just 12 months later. The reward for him and his staff was a series of bumper eight-year contracts, although the club’s fortunes have dipped somewhat since. Last year’s unseemly scramble for safety did little to placate supporters dismayed at a summer transfer window during which only one senior player was signed. A January spending spree which addressed that failing was not built upon at the end of the campaign, when the club did not make a single permanent acquisition despite the appointment of Joe Kinnear as director of football. However, that disquiet was a distant memory as the Magpies banked 33 points by Boxing Day last year and looked poised for an assault on the top four, at least until Ashley decided to accept Paris St Germain’s offer for key midfielder Yohan Cabaye, and then not to re-invest any of the proceeds in a replacement. As the club’s only readily available figurehead, Pardew has had to bear the brunt of the criticism which has followed, although any sympathy was diluted by his head-butt on Hull midfielder David Meyler. Ashley chose not to sack him for that misdemeanour and there is no suggestion that he is ready to wield the axe now despite the club’s current on-field plight. However, even a win over Cardiff this weekend could prove insufficient to stem the tide of popular revolt, with fans groups having mooted a planned walk-out during the game. Meanwhile, Newcastle will head for New Zealand as part of their preparations for the new season when they, West Ham, Wellington Phoenix and Sydney FC take part in the Football United Tour tournament in July. The 52-year-old will send his side into Saturday’s Barclays Premier League battle against relegation-threatened Cardiff on Tyneside under intense pressure from outside the club, if not necessarily from inside. Fans once again called for his head during and after Monday night’s tame 3-0 surrender at Arsenal, their sixth successive league defeat. Newcastle boss Alan Pardew admits he is a worried man as he approaches a key game in his reign at St James’ Park. Press Associationlast_img read more

Dragon Stout Community Cup Futsal ready to excite

first_img… Tournament starts December 17AFTER a false start, the 16-team Dragon Stout Community Cup Futsal competition is set to kick off next week at the National Gymnasium, Mandela Avenue. The tournament was initially scheduled to be held last November, but never got going.At the re-launch yesterday morning at the match venue, it was disclosed that preliminary games will be played on December 17 and 19, followed by the semi-finals and final on December 28.ANSA McAl Trading, the distributor of the ‘100% Jamaican Stout’, is collaborating with the National Sports Commission to pull off the event, which is primarily for Georgetown-based teams.Director of Sport Christopher Jones, speaking on behalf of the Sports Commission, pointed out that the aim of the tournament is to galvanise communities through quality entertainment in a safe space.“The National Gymnasium is known as the house of futsal tournaments and we’ve seen some great plays by teams over the past two or three years. The National Sports Commission would want to continue seeing the development of futsal and seeing the development of community futsal teams, hence we’ve made the National Gymnasium available to corporate Guyana.“This provides an opportunity where young, talented footballers in the field of futsal have an opportunity to compete in a safe space,” Jones indicated.Dragon Stout Brand Coordinator, Jamal Baird, said the company is eagerly looking forward to competitive play from the teams and good turnout for the games. He revealed that the entrance fee of $500 per person is inclusive of a Dragon Stout upon entry.The top four teams of the knockout competition will receive cash incentives, with the champions carting off $300 000.The participating teams are North East La Penitence, Albouystown, Leopold Street, Broad Street, Sophia, LA Ballers, Bent Street, Gold is Money, Back Circle, Sparta Boss, Alexander Village, Future Stars, Tiger Bay, Melanie-B, ANSA McAL All-Stars and Showstoppers.last_img read more