NSL kicks off today after festive break

first_imgThis weekend will see round six with five games to be played today and one tomorrow.In the Southern Conference in Port Moresby, today’s games will see Huawei PS United FC play FC POM at 12:30pm while PKA Rapatona FC will take on Erema Gulf FC in the main game at 3pm.On Sunday, Gigira Laitepo United FC will face Hekari United FC at 3pm. All three games will played at the Bisini Grounds.For the Northern Conference, Sir Ignatius Kilage stadium will play host to two games.The first is at 12:30pm between Besta PNG United FC and Madang FC. In the next game at 3pm, Welgris Morobe United will challenge Admiralty FC.Goroka Gosiha FC will host Lae City Dwellers FC up at the National Sports Institute in Goroka at 3pm.last_img

Lampard fired up to battle Gerrard again

first_imgFrank Lampard is fired up to face Steven Gerrard for the first time in MLS when New York City host LA Galaxy on Saturday.The former Chelsea star will come up against Gerrard for the first time since joining the ex-Liverpool captain in the United States top flight in 2015, with Lampard having missed the 5-1 defeat at Galaxy’s StubHub Centre in August due to injury.The one-time England team-mates, now 38 and 36 respectively, have been on strong runs of form in recent weeks, with Gerrard joint top of the assist charts with 11 and Lampard having scored nine goals in his last 10 appearances.And Lampard believes they will be able to enjoy meeting one another more than they did during a heated rivalry between Chelsea and Liverpool during their Premier League careers.”It’s normal, we’re used to it. It was Lampard versus Gerrard in the England team, it was Chelsea-Liverpool for many a year. I love it,” he told ESPN.”I think we’re more relaxed about it and we can enjoy it more these days. It was quite intense, Liverpool against Chelsea, we played each other so often.”It wasn’t just me and Steven, obviously, but people were always billing that as a midfield battle.”I enjoy it. I get on very well with Stevie, he’s doing very well over there and he’s had a fantastic career, he’s a legend of the game.”I look forward to going up against him. Of course, when we step out, we want to beat each other. Not just him, but Ashley Cole, Robbie Keane, people I’m familiar with.”But we’ll enjoy the rivalry and I’ll try to come out on top.”New York sit top of the Eastern Conference after 25 matches, while Galaxy are third in the Western standings.last_img read more

Marum acknowledges assistance

first_imgThe Hunters completed week three of pre-season training up at the National Sports Institute in Goroka last week and are now on their Christmas break.Michael Marum said he was also grateful to the Digicel Cup franchise coaches and trainers who attended the Goroka camp. He wished them well and success in the next season.The 33-man squad will go back into camp in Port Moresby on January 3, 2017.A 27 or 28-man squad will be finalised in the next two weeks, stated Marum.last_img

Why FA fined Chelsea and City

first_imgAn independent commission has disclosed why Chelsea and Manchester City were fined following a fracas on the pitch last month, in written reasons published by the FA.Both clubs admitted a charge for failing to control their players in added time of the Premier League game on December 3 last year, but requested a personal hearing with the commission.Chelsea won 3-1 at the Etihad Stadium, with Manchester City’s Fernandinho and Sergio Aguero sent off during the fracas.Chelsea were fined £100,000 and City sanctioned £35,000 for the same incident.”The commission was not unanimous as to which party actually caused the mass confrontation,” ruled the panel, chaired by Gareth Farrelly. “There was considerable deliberation as to whether the Sergio Aguero tackle [on David Luiz, which led to his sending-off] was the primary instigator of the incident or whether the Nathaniel Chalobah push [in the aftermath] was responsible.”The panel, which also included Udo Onwere and Ifeanyi Odogwu, decided by a majority that the nature of Aguero’s tackle was the main reason for the confrontation.It was noted that Manchester City had a “previous unblemished record”.Jim Sturman QC, representing Chelsea, told the commission that: “…The culture of the club had changed under the new manager (Antonio Conte).”Chelsea also argued: “…There was no sustained aggression and the incident did not last long. There was no disrespect shown to the referee and this incident was less serious than previous infractions.”Yousif Elagab, representing the FA, told the panel: “The FA to some degree understood the players’ reactions but a key point of concern in this case was the fan involvement, and the fans being close to the field of play.”The commission ruled that both clubs were “equally culpable” as the game was a “high profile, top-of-the-table clash with a worldwide audience.”The written reasons do not reveal whether a points deduction was considered but the commission acknowledged that the prompt admission of guilt from both clubs reduced their punishment.Chelsea received a higher fine after the panel considered six previous breaches of the same rule since 2011, worth nearly £500,000.last_img read more

Halilovic, another Odegaard Case: three First Clubs interested

first_img10 January is a time of opportunities for the finest scouts. There are players of great aptitudes that the start of the season encourages a change of air, as is the case with Alen Halilovic (23 years old). As AS has learned, the Croatian, assigned by Milan to Heerenveen, interests at least three First teams.In Spain they distinguish in the situation of Halilovic features similar to those experienced by Odegaard before. The Norwegian, now on everyone’s lips for his excellent performance at Real Sociedad, for which Madrid is considering shortening his loan to a course and incorporating his staff in June, was regularly criticized for years. In fact, He came to qualify as a broken toy while still a teenager. In that moment Halilovic walks, something they want take advantage of the technical secretariats of several clubs of the Santander League. With just 18 years, Alen left Dinamo Zagreb to sign for the Barça, ending in B. In 2015 he debuted with the first team, but they never bet decisively for him and that same 2015 he was assigned to Sporting. In 2016 they sold him to HamburgThen he borrowed a loan from Las Palmas and in 2018 he bought Milan, which in turn yielded to Standard Liege and Heerenveen … where Odegaard played two seasons in which he finished making himself to emerge in the next in Vitesse.Halilovic begins this 2020 deciding his future, with the appeal of a return to Spain that could happen this month in the form of assignment. If not, it will delay the move to summer. Girlfriends are not lacking, let alone after they see something like a new Odegaard case…last_img read more

The Real Madrid goal scorer without Cristiano

first_imgReal Madrid has just closed a lazy 2019; lazy in titles (has not conquered any) and lazy in the scoring facet, because the white team has registered in the year that has just ended his worst filmmaker in a decade: closed 2019 with 100 goals in 54 games, offering an average of 1.85 goals per game. Below the two goals due to a duel, a significant fact that is explained by name and surname: Cristiano Ronaldo. The Portuguese march to Turin has significantly reduced the white scoring capacity.Cristiano scored 450 goals in nine seasons at Real Madrid; that’s 50 goals per course, nothing less, and that’s what Cristiano took to Juventus, leaving the maximum responsibility to a Benzema who, in his last campaign sharing team with the Portuguese, only scored 12 goals, five in LaLiga. In 2018 Cristian’s march was already noticedor, who played in Madrid only until June: the average number of goals was 2.37 per game, 0.11 less than in the previous campaign and 0.44 less than two courses before. The records of Real Madrid’s past years speak for themselves: 130 goals in 2010, 167 in 2011, 156 in 2012, 156 in 2013, 178 in 2014, 140 in 2015, 152 in 2016, 156 in 2017 and 142 in 2018. In gross numbers, the fall is much louder: 42 goals less than a year ago. And in that context, Real Madrid is one of the teams with the easiest ability to score goals in the Old Continent: Manchester City, rival in the round of 16 of the Champions League. The City has 66 goals this course for 47 of Madrid; It’s 19 more. The basis of the problem is in effectiveness: the City needs 2.57 shots to score and Madrid, 3.57.last_img read more

Trippier, another casualty for Cholo

first_imgIf Simeone had 16 field players to face the next marathon of matches, five in 15 days, this morning he lost another. Trippier English was low in training for a pubalgia. Arias will take his place at eleven. Vrsaljko, which has been exercising for weeks with the group and traveled to Arabia but without the medical discharge, is the other right side of the Cholo, but it is unpublished, does not seem to count too much. Neither does Saponjic. 2. 3 The coach trained this cold morning on the hill with his players available. The eleven who meditates for Ipurua is Oblak; Arias, Savic, Felipe, Saúl; Correa, Thomas, Herrera, Vitolo; João Felix and Morata.The team will change their usual plans and not travel to Eibar today but will do it tomorrow morning, at 12:30. In this morning’s session, a special visit, that of the exrojiblanco, Ivan Amaya, coach today of Juvenile B of the Lightning, who came with his coaching staff and lost no detail of Cholo’s methods with his pupils.last_img read more

Denis and Mina dress up as Mostovoi and Sánchez

first_img🕵️‍♂️A great goal “Villa Park”.💙Denis disguised himself as Mostovoi, and Santi Mina by Juan Sánchez.Aston Villa 1-3 Celtic19 passes (7 in rival field)9 players took part in 56 sec.R. Madrid 2-2 Celtic19 passes (10 in rival field)8 players took part in 48 sec. https://t.co/5NX5hdF4jm– AFOUTEZA E CORAZÓN (@AfoutezaRCCelta) February 17, 2020 Denis Suarez He was four years old and Santi Mina had not yet turned three when in 1998 the Celtic lived his first magic night in Europe. Beat by 1-3 at Aston Villa, a triumph that left a goal for the memory. The first celestial goal came after a 19 pass play what Juan Sanchez defined with a cross shot by taking advantage of a subtle inner ball filtered by Alexander Mostovoi An action very similar to what the 2-2 definitive more than 21 years later in Santiago Bernabeu.The number of passes of the Celtic team against Real Madrid was the same as in Villa Park. The countto Afouteza e Corazón On twitter points out that the attack against the meringues lasted for 48 seconds and had the intervention of eight players, while at the end of the last century in Birmingham participated nine players Y lasted 56 ‘. What happened on Sunday in the white colosseum he put a double trip back in time. Denis dressed up as Mostovoi, to give a more spectacular assistance than that of the Russian, and Mina emulated Sanchez unmarking and solving with just one touch.The two youth players had signed another luxury combination on the third day of this course in Seville, but with the changed papers. Mina’s pass and Denis goal.center_img The first big night of the return operationThe second goal of Celta in the Bernabeu It has another point in common with that of Villa Park. Yes in 1998 Mazinho leaned on Lubo Penev before the Bulgarian left the ball to Mostovoi, Sunday was the son of the Brazilian who appeared on the final leg of the play. Rafinha Alcantara gave the ball to Denis in the anteroom of the assistance to Mina, or what is the same, the main protagonists of the ‘Operation Return’ of last summer were associated. The trio of attackers lived a magical night, the first in which the three successfully joined to Make a Difference. The performance of Rafinha was brilliant. He led the construction of the game with 89% success in the pass and leaving a string of quality details. “The Afouteza spirit,” summarized the Brazilian midfielder in his social networks.last_img read more

Onana reveals that an Italian club did not sign him for being black

first_imgThe events happened after the 2016/17 season, Onana’s first as Ajax’s goalkeeper, and his good performances were key for the Amsterdam team to reach the Europa League final against Manchester United, which took the English 2-0.The goalkeeper revealed the incident in a report by the Dutch newspaper about racism in football. “I can’t change who I am. Why should I worry? I’m black and African, I’m proud of it. If someone doesn’t like me because I’m black, there’s no problem. I don’t even care.”he assured.Onana was the subject of racist proclamations last December in the Telstar camp, in an Eredivisie party. “The CEO (Marc Overmars) asked me if I wanted to file a complaint. A complaint for this? Then you would have to put half of the Netherlands in jail,” The soccer player said.The Dutch Football Federation announced in early February a series of measures to tackle racism in the stands. The veto of attendance at the stadiums of fans who sing insulting songs will be increased from five to ten years, surveillance systems will be improved and clubs that do not do enough will run the risk of losing points. “Told him: ‘We believe that Onana is a great goalkeeper, but unfortunately we cannot hire him. A black goalkeeper would bring us many problems in front of our fans’ “, The soccer player related. “Of course The statement hurt me, but to be honest I was also glad I said it. It would have been worse if they had thought that I am too bad for them. “, adds Onana. Cameroonian Ajax Amsterdam goalkeeper André Onana says that an Italian team was interested in him three years ago, after playing the Europa League final against Manchester United, but the signing was halted at the last moment due to the color of your skin.The Cameroonian, who does not make public what team it is, explained that “the conversations were going well” until his representative received a call from the general director, according to an interview with the general newspaper NCR, based in Amsterdam, and published on Saturday a report on racism in football.last_img read more

Eder Sarabia: “My essence is not going to change, I am proud”

first_imgLaLiga Santander* Data updated as of March 7, 2020 The pre-match of Barça-Real Sociedad was more expected than ever this Saturday since Eder Sarabia, second of Quique Setién, is in charge of speaking on televisions with rights before the games. Sarabia, protagonist throughout the week for those images that disagreed with the actions of Barça players in the Classic, explained his point of view: “My essence is not going to change. It is a subject more in ways than in substance. We have to set an example to many people, to children and we must take care of many things but my essence will not change. I am proud to be as I am and we continue like this and we continue working and that’s it “.last_img