Code Red Esports has today announced the expansion of its talent representation arm to include player representation. The agency, spearheaded by Paul “Redeye” Chaloner, Managing Director of Code Red, has started by signing two UK talents in Owen “smooya” Butterfield and Harry “LaytoN” Layton. Smooya competes for Epsilon Esports in Counter-Strike, whilst LaytoN currently plays for Method’s PUBG squad. The release states that Code Red hopes to “increase its roster significantly over the coming months”. The agency will mentor players where necessary and see them represented when it comes to contract negotiations and personal sponsorships. Code Red already boasts a talent arm with over 30 professional esports broadcasting talents signed, and has recently announced that it will be working with Cloud9 to assist the organisation with its Overwatch League franchise, the London Spitfire. Paul Chaloner, Managing Director of Code Red Esports stated: “For over a year we have been representing a wide range of professional broadcasting talent and working to improve standards across the industry. We’re pleased with the work we’ve done so far and how receptive event organisers have been. We are now moving to provide similar support to players, as it is critical that they have access to sound advice, enabling them to focus on their playing career with professional support to take care of their off-the-server matters”. Luke Cotton, Director of Code Red Esports added: “Players are the stars of their games and what drives the success of esports; and they should be treated as such. Teams have come a long way in terms of compensation which has enabled esports to become a serious career option, but there is also a responsibility to offer fair and balanced contracts. More so, we will ensure that the players we work with understand their contracts and the implications of them”.Esports Insider says: Code Red starting off 2018 with a bang! We’ve all heard horror stories of players being horribly manipulated by organisations so this can only be seen as positive news. Here’s to a good year of transparent, well thought out and sensible contracts under quality stewardship.
O.J. Simpson has been granted parole from Nevada State Prison after serving 9-years of a 33-year sentence for committing armed robbery in a botched attempt to recover what he had deemed stolen memorabilia at a Las Vegas hotel in 2007.Simpson appeared before the parole board video conferencing, and was asked by the board about his crimes, to which he provided a long-winded explanation about what happened on the night of the crime. He eventually stated that he regretted the decisions that led to the crime. His daughter Arnelle Simpson spoke on behalf of her father, as did Bruce Fromong, the victim of the robbery that led to the incarceration.After deliberating during a recess, the board granted his release in a unanimous 4-0 decision. Simpson intends to reside in Florida after his release, which will come in October.OJ lived a conflict free life? pic.twitter.com/ZQU7bkRVgq— ⓂarcusD (@_MarcusD2_) July 20, 2017 “I basically have spent a conflict free-life.”‘I am no danger to pull a gun on anybody,’ OJ Simpson says during parole hearing. Watch it live here: https://t.co/9jsmdfiwP9 pic.twitter.com/PQSH7WJLHs— necn (@NECN) July 20, 2017 JUST IN: O.J. Simpson granted parole after serving nearly nine years of his 33-year sentence https://t.co/Okz2bxbVVN pic.twitter.com/NdfzGiYPCn— CBS News (@CBSNews) July 20, 2017The granting of his parole comes a little over 23 years since the famous white Bronco police chase, which resulted in Simpson’s arrest for the double murder of ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman. Simpson was acquitted of criminal charges for the murders, but was found liable in civil court in a case brought by the Goldman’s. Advertisement