El Gobernador Wolf emite una declaración sobre el odio dirigido a los residentes de Pennsylvania transgénero July 22, 2020 Equality, Español, Non-discrimination, Press Release En respuesta a una publicación realizada por Bloomsburg Fair en Facebook que se burla de la Secretaria de Salud la Dra. Rachel Levine, el Gobernador Tom Wolf hizo la siguiente declaración:“La pandemia de COVID-19 ha puesto el odio y la transfobia en la mira a través de difamaciones y comentarios incesantes dirigidos a la Secretaria de Salud la Dra. Rachel Levine, quien es una profesional altamente especializada, valorada y capaz que forma parte de mi administración y Transgénero. El incidente despectivo que involucra a Bloomsburg Fair es el último de estos actos viles, que por extensión afectan a las personas transgénero en todo el estado y la nación.“La Dra. Levine es una servidora pública distinguida y eficiente. Está comprometida a mantener a los residentes de Pennsylvania seguros y saludables, incluso a aquellos que dirigen ataques alimentados por el odio contra ella. Estoy orgulloso del trabajo que ha realizado en sus cinco años al servicio de los ciudadanos de Pennsylvania, y su éxito al dirigir nuestro estado durante la crisis de COVID-19 es un testimonio de su inteligencia y ética laboral.“El odio no tiene cabida en Pennsylvania, incluso en la más pequeña broma, acción o publicación transfóbica en las redes sociales. Hago un llamamiento a todos los residentes de Pennsylvania para que alcen la voz en contra de los comentarios y los actos de odio, incluida la transfobia dirigida a la Dra. Levine y a todas las personas transgénero en nuestro gran estado”.Rafael Álvarez Febo, director ejecutivo de la Comisión de asuntos para la comunidad LGBTQ de Pennsylvania, hizo la siguiente declaración en nombre de la comisión:“Los directivos de Bloomsburg Fair sabían que estaban alimentando los sentimientos transfóbicos cuando decidieron imitar a la Dra. Levine. Las comunidades marginadas sabemos cuándo estamos siendo atacadas y no nos van a manipular para que pensemos que se trata solo del cargo de la Dra. Levine como Secretaria de Salud. En tiempos de crisis y dolor, las personas de la comunidad LGBTQ están unidas para luchar contra cualquier tipo de transfobia. Los comisionados creen que la salud y la seguridad de los residentes de Pennsylvania no deben verse afectadas debido a estos ataques tóxicos y personales.”View this information in English. SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Rory McIlroy is confident of winning more tournaments this year and retaining his newly-reclaimed world number one status. Press Association Day has now taken that place from him but Spieth says he is not motivated by any rivalry with the Australian or McIlroy. He said: “I think we are all focused on our own goals. As one, two and three in the world we are the three that have to beat each other right now in order to get to the top or remain at the top. “But I am not focused on what either are doing on the leaderboard unless they are in the lead, and then it is how I get up there and surpass them.” Day may have earned plenty of plaudits in recent weeks but he does not feel he has done enough to earn the world number one spot yet. He said: ” I am playing good golf right now but with Rory coming back and Jordan, I can’t say that I am. It wouldn’t feel right. The average is there for a reason. I have just got to keep playing well.” The Northern Irishman returned to top spot last week, despite not playing, as the man who recently replaced him, Masters and US Open winner Jordan Spieth, missed the cut at The Barclays. But McIlroy, who won two majors last year, knows Spieth and US PGA Championship winner Jason Day are right behind him heading into this week’s Deutsche Bank Open in Boston. McIlroy said: “I feel I am holding this ranking based on what I did last year but hopefully I can get another couple of wins before the end of the year and I feel I am playing well enough to do that.” Day is now the game’s form player having followed up his PGA success by winning The Barclays, the first event of the FedEx Cup play-off series. McIlroy feels there is very little to choose between them and believes the competition will force standards higher. Any of the three could be number one by the end of the week’s events in Boston. McIlroy said: “I feel we are pretty close. I feel the level I played at last year, they saw that and attained that. “It is about trying to set that bar a bit higher each year. That is probably what we will see over the next few years if guys keep pushing each other.” McIlroy is still easing himself back into action after the ankle ligament injury suffered playing football with friends in the summer that cost him the chance of defending his Open Championship title. The 26-year-old said: “I am feeling good. I had a couple of weeks off after the PGA, just taking it nice and slowly and being patient with it. But I am excited to be back and feel my game is in good shape.” Spieth had also been leading the PGA Tour’s FedExCup standings prior to last week’s rare failure.
The rematch proved more exciting – and even though it blew a big fourth-quarter lead, the Mustangs endured long enough to edge Skaneateles 63-61 in double overtime.When it went on a 19-8 run in the third quarter to go in front 43-30, Marcellus seemed in good shape, but the Lakers erased that margin and pulled even, 49-49, forcing it into OT.Four minutes were not enough, the two sides still even 55-55 going into a second OT, but by a small margin Marcellus regained the lead and kept it, overcoming Nate Fouts’ 22 points and Andrew Neumann’s 16 points.Prior to this, Skaneateles had routed Altmar-Parish-Williamstown 70-29 last Monday night, building a 45-13 advantage by halftime.Miller Weir took on a larger role and earned 13 points, matching Tyler DelFavero’s total a Fouts again led the way, earning 20 points. Bryce Lincoln contributed eight points and Max Wamp had six points. ‘Westhill went from the win over Marcellus to handling Homer 67-35 a night later, denying the Trojans a chance to clinch a playoff berth.A 22-6 push through the first quarter set the tone, and the Warriors built from there, seeing Liam Sanborn sink five 3-pointers on his way to a career-best 19 points.Brown was glad to see his teammates step up as he matched Luke Gilmartin’s total of 14 points, while Kelley had 13 points.A far tougher game loomed on Friday against Christian Brothers Academy, and the Warriors lost to the Brothers 64-41, with only Kelley (11 points) hitting double figures as Brown was held to eight points and Gilmartin had nine points. Dan Anderson (19 points) and Colin Kelly (17 points) led CBA.Jordan-Elbridge had back-to-back games, starting when it took its turn against APW and won big, 75-43, the Eagles breaking things open by outscoring the Rebels 26-7 in the third quarter.Again going to the forefront, Dakota Holbrook put in 24 points to lead J-E, with Jeremy Meili and Alex Pond each producing 13 points. Joel Blasko stepped up with nine points and Griffin Vincent contributed seven points.Then, against Institute of Technology Central Thursday night, J-E dropped this Eagles clash 58-49, though Holbrook and Pond both had 16 points, combining to hit five 3-pointers as Myles Town got nine points.Share this:FacebookTwitterLinkedInRedditComment on this Story It just so happened that boys basketball teams from Skaneateles, Marcellus and Westhill would all run into each other during the last full week of the regular season, battling for playoff seeding position.The rotation began last Monday night with the Warriors traveling to face the Mustangs, and it was Westhill’s defense that was the story throughout its 59-35 victory that avenged a 55-50 defeat to them in December.Steadily, the Warriors built a 33-20 advantage by halftime. But remembering that it surrendered a bigger lead to Solvay exactly one week earlier, Westhill clamped down further in the second half and doubled that margin. Tags: boys basketballJ-EMarcellusskaneatelesWesthill With its trademark man-to-man pressure back in top form, the Warriors rode another big night from Zach Brown, who nearly matched Marcellus by himself earning 30 points, including four 3-pointers. James Kelley added 12 points.No one on the Mustangs could get going, with Tristan Jarvi and Matt Kershaw getting nine points apiece and Jared Sammon adding seven points.Then it was Marcellus visiting Skaneateles Wednesday night, the Lakers having won their initial meeting 58-52 early this season.
The efforts to improve the passing game will be aided by Ford, a Southern California native who verbally committed to the Trojans in early January. Trojans fans were sweating bullets before Ford’s commitment after fellow recruit Bru McCoy transferred to Texas before playing a single game. Another non-local signee, Kauluna Makaula, looks to slot in at safety for the Trojans because of his 6-foot-3 frame and rounds out a solid core of three-star defensive backs. With the 2019 National Signing Day in the books, the Trojans filled positions of need at defensive back and secured five-star wide receiver Kyle Ford’s marquee commitment to top off an overall underwhelming class. Not only was the class not in the top 15 nationally, but it also did not beat out its Pac-12 rivals, ranking No. 18 overall and No. 3 in the Pac-12. To put it into perspective, the Trojan class was No. 4 overall last year and No. 1 in the Pac-12. The Trojans also managed to snag a commitment from local JUCO prospect Jaylen Watson. Watson, another southern prospect, is originally from Augusta, Ga. A versatile athlete, he filled up the stat sheet in JUCO with 43 tackles, 13 passes defended, four interceptions and one fumble recovery. Four-star wide receiver recruit Puka Nacua, a verbal USC commit, did not sign with any team on Wednesday and will take time to explore other options. The receiver from Utah had over 2,300 receiving yards his senior season, a state record, and is being pursued by many Pac-12 rivals. After seeing major attrition within the position in the past two years, with eight players leaving the program for various reasons, the five new signees at defensive back will fill a huge role on the team. The Trojans went to the South to recruit three of their signees who will look to replace the void of production left by departing seniors Iman Marshall, Ajene Harris and Isaiah Langley — key players on the defense. Helton said he is excited about Dorian Hewett, another southern recruit. Hewett won the Texas state championship and ran track, recording a 100-meter time of 10.73 seconds. Ford’s senior season was derailed by an ACL injury and Helton said the team will not rush him back to play. Even if Ford doesn’t see the field in 2019, his big frame and ability to win the jump ball will be a weapon for the Trojans in the future as they begin their schematic offensive overhaul. USC managed to flip Adonis Otey, a Tennessee native, from his prior verbal commitment to Arkansas. Otey is a versatile athlete, contributing as a safety, running back and kick returner in high school. After rumors that he would retract his verbal commitment, five-star receiver Kyle Ford signed with USC as the school’s top 2019 recruit. (Photo from 247 Sports Twitter Page) Tuasivi Nomura, a safety in high school, signed with the Trojans, but will likely be an outside linebacker for USC this fall. This year’s group is not filled with the five- and four-star players the Trojans are used to, but it does a solid job filling a position of need for this upcoming season. On Wednesday, head coach Clay Helton shared his goals for the upcoming season and areas for improvement on the team. On the offensive side of the ball, Helton praised newly signed offensive coordinator Graham Harrell for the strides he hopes to make in USC’s passing game. USC’s offense was lackluster on almost every front in 2018, but Helton said Harrell hopes to continue the success he had elevating a North Texas team to offensive dominance through pass-heavy schemes. Helton noted that while he wants to focus on the passing game, he will not employ an air raid scheme and will run the ball. Although Helton didn’t reveal specifics, he said the 2020 class would be smaller in size than 2019. The final date for recruits to sign their letter of intent is April 1.