Spot-fixing allegations against three Pakistan players and the Future Tours Programme from 2012 to 2020 are the main agenda items that the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) executive board will discuss at its two-day meet, beginning in Dubai on Tuesday.Test captain Salman Butt, Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif were provisionally suspended by the ICC after allegations surfaced that the two pacers took bribes for bowling deliberate no-balls during the Lord’s Test against England, while Butt acted as the facilitator.”The ICC board, which has a zero-tolerance approach to corruption in cricket, will be updated on the spot-fixing allegations against three Pakistan players during a recent tour to England,” an ICC release said.”In accordance with the provision of the code, all three have appealed that provisional suspension and the independent hearing will take place in Doha, Qatar, on 30 and 31 October and will be chaired by the head of the ICC code of conduct commission, Michael Beloff, QC,” it added.The board will also consider the recommendations from the ICC chief executives’ committee (CEC), which met in Cape Town last month.These recommendations seek to give context and content for international cricket within the Future Tours Programme (FTP) after 2012 and also to consider future ICC events. According to the ICC, the board will consider a lot of the recommendations including that the FTP should consist of a Test league to provide context for all Test matches.The league would determine the top four teams to qualify for an ICC Test play-off.The other recommendations include that the play-off should be held once every four years to determine the Test champion team with a request to hold the first such playoff in 2013.advertisementAnother recommendation is that the FTP should also consist of a One-Day International league, the first to run from April 2011 until April 2014, culminating in the crowning of an ODI league champion.This would run separate to the ICC Cricket World Cup. Another proposal sees the World Cup consisting of a 10-team format from 2015 and the World Twenty20 consisting of a 16-team format from 2012, with the women’s event continuing to run alongside.The board will also hear reports from the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) on cricket development in China while New Zealand Cricket, which has a principle partnership agreement with the United States Cricket Association, will report on progress in America.With inputs from PTI
Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel of Germany steers his car during a Formula One pre-season testing session at the Barcelona Catalunya racetrack in Montmelo, outside Barcelona, Spain, Monday, Feb.18, 2019. (AP Photo/Manu Fernandez)MONTMELO, Spain — For Sebastian Vettel, the opening day of the Formula One preseason couldn’t have gone any better.Vettel, the runner-up to the title last season, clocked the fastest time, was the busiest driver with 169 laps and, most importantly, felt right at home behind the wheel of his new Ferrari.ADVERTISEMENT View comments Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Grace Poe files bill to protect govt teachers from malicious accusations US judge bars Trump’s health insurance rule for immigrants Alfa Romeo, previously known as Sauber, unveiled its new burgundy-and-white car in the pit lane before testing began. Kimi Raikkonen, who joined the team from Ferrari, had the fifth-best time but also went off the track twice without damaging his car.The main focus of these tests is for teams to adapt to rule changes for their cars’ front wing design. The goal is to make racing more exciting by facilitating overtaking. The new regulations should reduce the turbulence hitting trailing cars, which has slowed them down and made passing more difficult.Red Bull boss Chris Horner said that the new rules mean “there is a blank canvas this year.”Testing will continue through Thursday and then again from Feb. 26-March 1 at the Barcelona-Catalunya Circuit, home to the Spanish Grand Prix in May.The season-opening Australian GP is on March 17.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next “We couldn’t have hoped for a better day,” Vettel said after setting a session-best lap time of 1 minute, 18.161 seconds. “It was unbelievable. The car was working very well. We had no issues slowing us down.“It is obviously very early and this will be meaningless in a couple of weeks, but for now, a huge compliment to everyone at the factory. What they put on the track today was very close to perfection.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine football chiefSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesVettel has the daunting goal of ending Mercedes’ five-year dominance of F1.Defending champion Lewis Hamilton shared time behind the wheel for Mercedes with Valtteri Bottas and ended up with the ninth-fastest time, but it is more very likely that Mercedes was not aiming to top the leaderboard. Mercedes boss Toto Wolff acknowledged that Ferrari looked quick, but downplayed the importance of lap times in the preseason.“That is not what tests are about,” Wolff said. “It’s about going through all the parts and looking at all the data.”Carlos Sainz put in the second-quickest lap in his first ride with McLaren, followed by Haas’ Romain Grosjean and Red Bull’s Max Verstappen.Renault’s Daniel Ricciardo, who joined the team from Red Bull, and Nico Hulkenberg put in the slowest times of the day, finishing more than 2.8 seconds slower than Vettel.Williams, which finished last in the team standings last year, missed the first day of testing and is likely to miss Tuesday’s session as well.ADVERTISEMENT ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes MOST READ Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting PDEA chief backs Robredo in revealing ‘discoveries’ on drug war Video recaps of all NBA games coming to Facebook Watch SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss LATEST STORIES Urgent reply from Philippine football chief
The new kings of the court will meet the long-time queen of talk.Yes, newly crowned NBA champions LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh play to sit down with none other than Oprah Winfrey.Winfrey will interview Miami’s Big 3 “about the challenges leading up to their historic win, their friendships on and off the court and the women in their lives,” according to a press release.The interview will air Sunday at 8 p.m. EST on the Oprah Winfrey Network.The Heat stars are busy talking about their title this week. James sat down for an interview with ESPN’s Rachel Nichols and will do David Letterman’s show. The team held its championship parade today in Miami and Chris Bosh will appear on “LIVE! with Kelly” on Tuesday, among other media obligations.
Related Items:#magneticmedianews, #tcistrong, #TCIwillrebuild Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#TurksandCaicos, September 26, 2017 – Providenciales – Some Turks and Caicos Islands residents do not like how some international media are portraying the devastation brought on by Hurricane Irma. They think the stories are far flung, short-sighted and lopsided. That the reporters are only capturing what was destroyed, not what withstood the treacherous system on September 7, 2017 or what is already being rebuilt.There are those who wish it would be said that TCI buildings proved, in large part to be tougher than the super typhoon which was much oh so more than a Cat5 in strength. And that electricity restoration is happening at rapid pace on the so called Caicos Islands of Middle Caicos, North Caicos and Providenciales.While it is clear some disgruntled writings are also laced with fantasies about how grim it really is for the country, there are indeed pockets of sunshine amidst the real mess mostly Irma has left behind.Still, to me and many others it does stifling harm to those seriously struggling since the hurricane when there are talks about it not being ‘that bad’ despite the early September hurricane cutting the resort availability down to four properties, forcing major employer and tourist draw, Beaches TCI to take a 90 day closure for rebuilding, destroying whole apartment complexes, cutting off employment, bringing damage to all but one public school and hurricane Irma caused at least three islands to be classified as in a State of Emergency.While figures on how man structures and vehicles were damaged, how many people were displaced and how much hurricanes Irma and Maria will cost us; we can say that our country risk insurance (CCRIF) gave us $13.6m in claims money. Following hurricanes Hanna and Ike in 2008, the payout was less that half of that.Yes there is evidence of a country on the rebound, resilient to withstand history’s strongest hurricane; but there is also evidence of a country badly wounded and in desperate need of repair and resuscitation.Both positions can be the story simultaneously and for the Turks and Caicos both states of being are our reality. But since we are a country and community so closely woven that we feel each other’s pain, and as long as people are homeless, jobless, roofless, school-less, car-less and business-less; it is ‘that bad.’And that fact is not make believe.#MagneticMediaNews#TCIwillrebuild#tcistrong Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Happy Day for Turks and Caicos, Southwest Airlines marks first flight PDM Administration moving ahead with crack down on shanty construction Recommended for you NEOC UPDATE AFTER MARIA
Lyon coach Bruno Genesio is hoping for something special from his side ahead of tonight’s Champions League game against Manchester CityThe Ligue 1 side will host City at the Groupama Stadium tonight hoping for a repeat of their shock 2-1 win in England in September.While City have since recovered from that loss to lead Group F, Lyon are still looking good to qualify for the last-16.“They’re a better side on paper. We’ll have to be at 150% to have any chance of success,” said Genesio told reporters on Twitter.“City have between 70% and 75% of possession; they’re rarely in trouble. They’re a team with a very compact block and press well.”Report: City are stunned by Norwich George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Manchester City was stunned by Norwich City in todays Premier League clash.Much has been made in recent days of the potential impact of Aymeric…The Frenchman has no doubts over City’s potential in the Champions League this season.“Manchester City are one of the favourites to win the Champions League,” added Genesio.“They’re one of the best sides in Europe, but we have our ambitions, too. That’s the only way to trouble them again – we need to believe in ourselves.”Lyon captain Nabil Fekir’s availability remains uncertain after sustaining an adductor injury in their 1-0 Ligue 1 win over rivals Saint-Etienne on Friday.The Lyon-City match will begin at 21:00 (CET) in France.
March 12, 2018 Updated: 1:48 PM 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave Settings Posted: March 12, 2018 Ed Lenderman Very cool. Freeway level bus stations in City Heights, bus stays on the freeway in dedicated lane, rather than having to exit to street to pickup passengers, much faster commute for everyone. pic.twitter.com/yiwymDX9rC— Ed Lenderman (@EdLendermanKUSI) March 12, 2018 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSan Diego’s first freeway-level transit stations are officially open for this morning’s commute. Thousands of MTS bus riders each day will use these two new state-of-the-art bus platforms on the SR-15 freeway.Rapid 235 already travels along the SR-15, but previously had to exit the freeway at both University Ave. and El Cajon Blvd. to drop off passengers, cross these major thoroughfares, pick-up new passengers and re-enter the freeway. With the opening of the two new “Centerline” transit stations, Rapid 235 now enters two transit stations directly from the SR 15 median for more efficient rider drop-off and pick-up.Added bonus! Rapid 235 passengers will enjoy 2.5 miles of traffic-free travel thanks to Centerline’s dedicated bus lanes along the SR-15KUSI’s Ed Lenderman was live in City Heights with the details. Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter Freeway-level transit stations now open Ed Lenderman,