Community News Kabuki Restaurant in Old Pasadena Closes Permanently; Hastings Ranch Location Remains Open By BRIAN DAY Published on Wednesday, July 15, 2020 | 1:51 pm STAFF REPORT Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy 23 recommended0 commentsShareShareTweetSharePin it CITY NEWS SERVICE/STAFF REPORT Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday Community News Community News Name (required) Mail (required) (not be published) Website Business News Make a comment Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * Top of the News More Cool Stuff Subscribe faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Donald CommunityPCC- COMMUNITYVirtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPasadena Public WorksPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimes STAFF REPORT First Heatwave Expected Next Week Kabuki Restaurant located at 88 W Colorado Blvd., in Old Pasadena (via Facebook)As restaurants struggle to stay afloat amid pandemic restrictions, Kabuki Restaurant in Old Pasadena has announced it has shut down for good, although another location at the east end of the city remains up and running.“Permanently closed” read a message on the website of the Old Pasadena location, 88 W. Colorado Blvd. On Wednesday. “Thank you for your long-term support.”The website urged customers craving Japanese cuisine to visit the chain’s other Pasadena location at 3539 E. Foothill Blvd. The restaurant is currently open only for delivery and carry-out orders due to a ban on indoor dining enacted by state and county officials to curb the spread of COVID-19.The pandemic has hit restaurants hard. Many of them never fully regained their customer base when they reopened the first time, and now have been forced to close indoor dining.The chain operates 16 restaurants in Southern California, Arizona, Nevada and Texas. Herbeauty6 Lies You Should Stop Telling Yourself Right NowHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyRub This All Over Your Body And He’s Guaranteed To Swoon Over YouHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyWant To Seriously Cut On Sugar? You Need To Know A Few TricksHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty10 Questions To Start Conversation Way Better Than ‘How U Doing?’HerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyTop 9 Predicted Haircut Trends Of 2020HerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty15 Countries Where Men Have Difficulties Finding A WifeHerbeautyHerbeauty EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadena
She urged the Filipinos to challenge a brazen move trying to roll back the rights guaranteed in the constitution.“This is a pivotal moment for the Philippines, and a pivotal moment not just for our democracy but for the idea of what a free press means,” the veteran journalist further said.Ressa, who was cited by the Time magazine as a Person of the Year in 2018, cited the “unthinkable” shutdown of ABS-CBN Corp. last month and the anti-terror bill which awaits President Rodrigo Duterte’s signature.“Sa mga Pilipinong nanonood po, hindi lang po ito tungkol sa amin. Tungkol po ito sa inyo because freedom of the press is the foundation of every right you have as a Filipino citizen,” Ressa said.“I think we’re redefining what the new world is gonna look like, what journalism is going to become. Are we going to lose freedom of the press, will it be death by a thousand cuts, or are we going to hold the line so that we protect the rights that are enshrined in the Constitution even if power attacks you directly,” she added.Reynaldo Santos, a former Rappler researcher and writer, was also found guilty in the case.Santos, for his part, said he was saddened by the Manila City court’s decision, adding that others who were going against the administration could suffer the same fate.Ressa and Santos, Jr. face six months to up to six years in prison over an article published in 2012 and allegedly “republished” in 2014. The two remain free after being granted post-conviction bail.The cyber libel case against Ressa stemmed from a complaint by businessman Wilfredo Keng in 2017 over a Rappler story five years earlier about his alleged ties to a then-Supreme Court chief justice Renato Corona.Ressa’s lawyer, former Supreme Court spokesman Theodore Te, said they will decide what legal action to take in the next 15 days.In a separate statement, Rappler said the judgment “sets a dangerous precedent not only for journalists but for everyone online.”“Today marks diminished freedom and more threats to democratic rights supposedly guaranteed by the Philippine Constitution, especially in the context of a looming anti-terrorism law,” it added.Aside from the cyber libel case, Rappler and Ressa are facing charges of tax fraud, violating the Securities Regulation Code and the Anti-Dummy Law, among others./PN “The case against us meant to be a cautionary tale, we are meant to make you afraid,” said Ressa after the verdict was read in closed-door proceedings. Maria Ressa. ABS-CBN NEWS MANILA – Rappler chief Maria Ressa branded her cyber libel conviction as a “cautionary tale” aimed to silence and strike fear towards the critics of President Rodrigo Duterte.